The General Partner Real Estate Co-Investment Structure

Matthew Josef Gorelik is a devoted father and avid supporter of the Children’s Hospital Los Angeles, which helped his daughter overcome a brain tumor. Professionally, Matthew J. Gorelik uses his real estate investment skills to lead TownshipCapital as founder and CEO.

Township Capital bases in Los Angeles and focuses primarily on private equity backed initiatives, investing in new developments and other value added real estate opportunities through general partnership co-investment agreements.

This type of investment structure includes both general partners and limited partners. General partners typically provide the expertise and operating experience while limited partners provide the majority of the funding investments. For example, a deal may make a general partner responsible for 10 percent of the required equity while a limited partner funds the remaining 90 percent. However, that general partner will take on more of the day-to-day work activities, such as negotiating deals, securing financing, managing assets, and conducting market research and due diligence.

Advertisements

Neurological Institute at CHLA – Committed to Pediatric Trauma Care

 

Pediatric Trauma Carepic

Pediatric Trauma Care
Image: chla.org

Matthew Josef Gorelik, founder and CEO of TownshipCapital in Los Angeles, leads from experience in real estate entrepreneurship and investing. A devoted father, Matthew J. Gorelik also supports the Neurological Institute at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles (CHLA), which successfully treated his daughter for a brain tumor.

CHLA is a nonprofit medical institution founded in 1901. The hospital serves half a million patients each year and has gained repute for its children’s neurological institute. In 2017, the Institute helped CHLA earn the Best Children’s Hospital – Neurology and Neurosurgery designation from U.S. News & World Report.

The Institute has remained Los Angeles’ only Level 1 Trauma Center for children since 1983, when the regional trauma system first began. The Los Angeles County Department of Health Services’ EMS Agency governs the program to ensure that all trauma centers meet government regulations. Requirements include a multidisciplinary quality improvement system, board certified physicians available around the clock, and research activities. Moreover, trauma centers must maintain high quality medical facilities to include operating rooms, a blood bank, and an intensive care unit. For additional information, visit www.chla.org/trauma-center-designation.

Township Capital – Opportunities in Student Housing and Senior Living

 

Township Capital pic

Township Capital
Image: townshipinc.com

A well-established Los Angeles executive, Matthew Josef Gorelik guides the mortgage banking and real estate private-equity firm Township Capital. Matthew Gorelik has a particular focus on strategic market-cycle opportunities spanning everything from limited-service hotel to student housing investment portfolios.

Among his firm’s current undertakings is a general partnership focused on the acquisition of seven student housing properties over a year and a half. The platform has a $50 million equity commitment as backing, and is managed by one of the nation’s leading owners of student housing. Township’s role in the transaction involves facilitating approximately $100 million in debt financing.

Another high-profile lending arrangement enabled by Township centers on a $32 million mini-perm and construction loan tied to a Lakewood, Colorado, senior living development. With the platform operated by a well-known development company, the transaction is backed by a $200 million LP equity commitment through a multi billion dollar private equity fund.. The transaction was described as the first of four projects to be pursued through the sponsor across the United States in the next two years.